Do you want to impress a girl? Although you can not control how she feels and make her fall in love with you, if you “can” make her see you with better eyes. Here are two methods to impress a girl: the first, for a girl you do not know well, and the second, for one who says she is only interested in your friendship.
Impress a Girl you do not Know Well
▶️ Get dressed well to impress her. Not only will you look and smell more attractive, but taking care of your appearance will show you that you are mature and capable of doing important daily tasks. Pay particular attention to these areas:
- Bath at least once a day. Probably the best thing you can do is bath in the morning, so you can start the day feeling fresh and clean. Wash your hair, use soap and rinse. You can also shave and brush your teeth in the shower, with the help of a mirror.
- Keep your mouth clean. Brush your teeth twice a day, use dental floss and mouthwash. You can use breath mints to keep it fresh during the day.
- Take care of your facial hair Shave every day or if you are letting your beard grow, make sure it is trimmed to a uniform length and not scruffy or unruly. If you tend to have uniceja , consider pulling a few hairs over your nose.
- Uses a combination of deodorant-antiperspirant. Put it on as soon as you come out to bathe.
- Use a little lotion You can put a few sprays of lotion or body spray, but no more than three.
- Wear clean clothes If you have problems washing your clothes, consider setting a time to wash, such as doing it every Sunday night.
▶️ Be nice. Having good manners does not mean you’re bored – it means you know how to treat other people with respect, a quality that most girls want in their boyfriends. Show her that you know how to be considered doing these things for “everyone”, not just for her:
- Say “please,” “thank you,” and “you’re welcome.”
- If someone is going to go through a door after you, keep it open for it to happen.
- Avoid cursing or saying raw things in public or in the company of other people. It’s okay to relax with your friends, but try not to show your best side around people you do not know well.
- For more help, read the How to have good manners guide .
▶️ Think before you talk. It often happens to all of us that we say stupid things unintentionally, but try to really avoid this when you’re around this girl. Take a few seconds to evaluate what you are going to say before saying it.
- Do not talk about other girls. You may think that making her jealous is a good idea, but no. Talking about the appearance of other girls in front of her can make you look superficial. As far as she knows, she is the only girl that interests you.
- Avoid looking like a bully. Do not insult or make other people feel bad, even if those comments are meant to be fun. Maybe she can not understand your sense of humor and take your words seriously.
- Do not tell dirty jokes. There is a time and place for that kind of humor – and that’s when you’re with your male friends.
▶️ Say a sincere compliment. Something you “must” say when you are with her is a nice and genuine compliment. It’s not as hard as it looks! Here is what you have to do:
- Think about what you like most about her. It can be your smile, your laugh, your intelligence -anything you think is your best quality. (Avoid giving compliments to physical aspects, except your eyes or your smile, maybe you have an excellent figure, but now is not the time.)
- Do it almost privately. You do not have to be completely alone to say a compliment, but avoid doing it when you are with all your friends or your friends listening nearby. You can also send it by text message.
- Be brief and sweet. You do not need to make a three or four minute poem about your best qualities. A simple line will serve.
- Pay attention to the words you use. Instead of saying “It’s a cute dress” or “I like your outfit”, say “You really look beautiful in that dress”. The compliment is for the girl, not for what she is wearing!
- He uses body language well. Smile! Keep eye contact while you say it.
▶️ Make her feel special. Discover small ways to let her know you think she is an extraordinary person and you will notice.
- Do not ignore it or make it difficult for you. If he sends you a message, answer him. If you want to talk, try to make time, even if it is difficult.
- Go out of your way to help her. If you can give a hand for something, offer your help! You can help her carry heavy things, make an errand or talk to her when she is in a difficult situation.
- Let her talk. The problem # 1 when we talk to a girl is to focus on ourselves. Girls feel more comfortable when they talk about common interests. Talk about your interests, hobbies, music or favorite books, etc. If he asks you a question, answer briefly, with small sentences, and then ask the same question to her. This encourages her to participate in the conversation.
- Make a joke that only she understands! By doing this, the two will share a secret connection that only you will understand. This will make her feel special, included and closer to you. It will also give you a simple way to start a conversation. But keep in mind, if you exaggerate in this, it will soon go from being fun to being boring, so you should only use it when necessary.
Leave the friends zone
▶️ Give him some space. This is the hardest thing to do when you’re crazy about a girl, but it’s the only safe way out of the friends zone. If you want me to see you in a different way, you need to take a little time out of that relationship so you can start over when you resume contact.
- Commit to having minimal contact with her for at least 3 or 4 weeks. It sounds like a lot of time, but you can do it! Be nice when you see her, but do not go out with her, do not have long talks on the phone, do not join her and answer her messages in a brief and concise manner.
- If he asks you why you are so distant, tell him you need to take some time to refocus your priorities. Tell him it’s nothing personal, that you’re only working on fulfilling your goals in other areas of your life. Most girls like motivated and ambitious kids; Even if you are distressed because you do not spend much time with her, this is a good reason you can give her.
▶️ Use your time for personal improvement. Dedicate the hours you would have spent with her (or thinking about her) to feel better about yourself. You will be a new and improved boy, with better self-esteem, regardless of whether or not she is interested in you at the end of the day. Remember that you are not doing it for her right now – you are doing it for “you”, so that you feel that you are the best version of you.
- Intensify your personal arrangement. Try to do a little more rigorous routine and see how it affects your self-esteem. Take care of your skin, try a different hairstyle, bathe more often, try a new perfume, etc.
- Take control of your life. If there is one aspect of your life that you feel is out of control – it may be school, your career or your finances – now is the time to take charge. Find out what you need to do to stabilize this situation and feel like you’re back in the game. Then do it – do not waste any more time stressing about it. Yes, girls like men who seem to have control over their lives. But even better, you will feel more confident and sure of yourself that things are going well, because you are doing it.
- Try a new hobby or interest. Is there a sport you always wanted to practice? Maybe a subject that you always wanted to learn more? Now is the time! Dedicate yourself to that extracurricular interest that you crave and concentrate on that. Girls are interested in people who are interesting, and having hobbies or other activities will make you more interesting.
▶️ Make a new first impression. After being away for a while, you will have the opportunity to make another “first” impression when you are ready to interact with her again. If you do it the right way, she will start seeing you with new eyes.
- Look your best Make a greater effort to see yourself as best as possible when you feel you are about to see her again. This way, your next encounter with her will not take you by surprise.
- Make your intentions clear. If you want me to see you as a potential boyfriend, act like one! Flirt with her. Maintain eye contact. Give him a good compliment. Do not fall into old habits and act as if you adored the floor on which she walks. Make it feel special, but not at the cost of lowering yourself.
▶️ Do not offer your time freely. Instead of being constantly available for whatever she wants, make her work a little to get your attention. For example, you will not be available to go and watch romantic comedies while she complains about the last break with her boyfriend; instead, you’ll be “free” to take her to dinner on Friday night, if you’re interested.
- Draw a clear line between the things you used to do for her when you were in the friends zone and the things you are willing to do for her as a potential boyfriend. You must be attentive to stick to this difference.
▶️ Do not waste your time. After you have restarted the contact, do not wait for months to invite her to leave or take the relationship to the next level. Do it during that same week.
- Invite her to go on a date that is clearly romantic. This means: just one dinner for the weekend. She will understand the clue.
- Express your feelings clearly and safely. Let him know that you are interested in being more than just friends. Tell him that you will accept his decision if he is not interested, but that you can not continue to wear out in the friends zone.
- Break the contact barrier. Hold your hand, give it a hug or get physical contact at the table. Especially if the contact barrier was a feature of your past interactions, this is a clear way to get the message across.
- Remember the phrase that Sean Connery used to say: “The key to a woman’s heart is an unexpected gift at an unexpected moment.” The gift does not have to be extravagant-try something as simple as a flower or your favorite candy. Do not exaggerate with the gift, just do it with a smile and accept their graces with elegance.
▶️ Accept your decision. If you have tried everything to impress her and still are not interested in going out with you, step aside elegantly. Sometimes the spark is not there. You gave your best and there will be many other girls who will appreciate you for your way of being. Keep going with confidence!
Tips to Impress a Girl
- If he talks a lot with you and finds good excuses to touch you, there is a good chance that he likes you.
- Be a gentleman. That does not mean you can not make one or another joke. In fact, you should try to joke a bit to try to get a smile.
- Adopt a good haircut that suits your personality.
- Do not be rude to her for any reason. No girl likes someone rude. Even if that’s your idea to impress someone.
- Be yourself. So, you will like your, not a false personality.
- Try to be funny, because girls like funny kids.
- Admit that she likes you. It’s worth a try.
- Be specific when you talk to her because girls do not like boys who go around a lot.
- Do not flirt with her for a week and then do not invite her out. Do not invite her to go out on social networks: girls do not like it.
- However, the most important thing is not to wait long to invite her out.
- How you act can determine if you want close to you all the time or if just seeing your face is too much. If you know that you see yourself as a stalker, stay away because trying to do a “damage control” tends to make the situation worse. Instead, try to have a friend of yours or of her intervene on your behalf.
- Try not to be overprotective!
- When you are having a hard time to impress a girl, try to breathe deeply and calm down.
- Be brave; Take a chance!
- Do not tell them through any text message system what you are doing, no matter how cool you think it is. If you are going to watch a movie with your dad, he probably does not care.
- If you play an instrument, compose a song and play it for her, or play her favorite song.
- Organize activities for her and her friends with you and your friends. Trying to impress her is fine, as long as you help her learn a little of your talent.
- Exercise and get fit.
- Always be nice to her. When you see her, smile at her. Make jokes so they can laugh together.
- Make her feel loved / appreciated and let her know that you like her, it is one of the greatest compliments you can say.
- Stay in touch with her.
- Every time you feel sad, try to comfort her and act as if you care about her.
- If you wear braces, glasses or have acne, do not be discouraged! Most girls do not care about what’s outside, just do not be lazy. The girls put a lot of effort into their appearance, so you should do the same. But do not think it’s the end of the world, just because you have braces, glasses or acne. Even some girls think that braces and lenses are attractive, and many others surpassed having a bad skin appearance.
- Shows empathy and affection If the girl you really enjoy spending time with is sad or hurt, give her a hug. Do not simply tell him you’re sorry and you want him to feel better. This works very well, because that girl will know you’re worried.
- Some girls flirt naturally, but they are not interested in you. Just because I’m with you all the time, hug you or do other seductive things, does not mean you like it. Take things slowly, so you can be sure.
- Give him a gift.
If you followed all the previous steps to impress a girl and it did not work, do not be discouraged. There are hundreds of women out there who will appreciate you more than the one who rejected you.